In the presence of our Creator, we seek renewal, wisdom, and inspiration.
In the presence of our Beloved, we bring our true selves, our desires, and our fears.
In the presence of the Holy Mystery, let us gather our hearts in prayer.
O Beautiful Presence, open our eyes to all that surrounds us so that we may walk through each day with mindful hearts and grace-filled words. Open our ears to your whispers so that our thoughts and actions may reflect your love. Release us, we pray, of all that bogs us down so we can be your light and your love in the world.
Holy God, we are saddened by the pain and suffering in our world. In solidarity with all who seek your healing and your grace, we offer you our prayers.
We hold in prayer:
- all who have lives have been touched by the earthquake in Chile.
- all who have been affected by the deadly Ebola outbreak in Guinea which is said to be an epidemic of an unprecedented scale.
- the civilians and attackers who died in a suicide bombing in north-east Nigeria.
- the people in the Ukraine.
- the people in the Middle East.
- the people of Washington State in the USA who were killed in a mudslide.
- the African and European leaders who are meeting in Brussels to work for peace in the Central African Republic.
- for those killed outside a ministry building in the Afghan capital of Kabul.
- for those killed and those wounded by bombs that went off near Cairo University.
- for those traumatized again by an active shooter on the Ft. Hood military base in Texas (USA).
- and we pray for those whose needs are known to you alone.
Merciful God, grant all who suffer your healing peace.
Compassionate God, grant all who are able the courage and the resources to work for peace.
Faithful God, grant us the grace to bring your warmth and justice to light this day.
In the name of Love we pray. Amen.