Gathered together, surrounded by the grace of the Holy One, we enter into this time of prayer seeking Divine wisdom and courage to live faithfully and justly.
Let us join together in prayer.
Creator God, we feel your Spirit move among us in the gentle breeze, in the ocean waves, and in the colors of the setting sun. We experience your love through the smile of the stranger, through the tenderness of a child, and through the beauty of the sunrise. In response, we share your peace with others through our acts of kindness, our caring words, and our prayers for your world.
Hear us now as we pray:
- Holy God, we hold before you all who have woken up today to violence, unrest and injustice. With the news of Russian troops being deployed in east Ukraine we pray for the people in the Donetsk region. May your Spirit surround all who suffer at the hands of others.
- We pray for the people of Guinea, Liberia and Sierra Leone where reports have come in stating that more than 1,550 people have died from Ebola Virus Disease (EVD). We pray for the more than 3,000 people who are infected with EVD as well as the more than 240 health workers who have been infected with EVD in West Africa. We pray for those who are working to find a cure, and ask that your peace surround all who suffer because of this illness.
- We pray for all who are being held against their will, remembering two Americans – journalist Steven Sotloff and a 26-year old female aid worker – who are being held hostage by Islamic State militants. May your Spirit surround all the victims of political and domestic violence.
- We pray for the people of the Middle East: may the ceasefire continue to hold so that healing, understanding and rebuilding may begin.
- We pray for all who mourn the loss of loved ones, especially those mourning the loss of a child. May your healing grace be felt by all.
- We pray for our planet and the universe, knowing that our actions have caused damage to all parts of your creation. May your Spirit guide us to live respectfully with all of creation.
Most Holy One, guide us, we pray, to bring your healing touch to all who are in need this day. Grant us courageous spirits and compassionate hearts so that we may follow in the teachings of Jesus. All of this we pray in love and in peace. Amen.
Leave a Reply